SPECIES offers a total of three scholarships in its areas of interest, for PhD students to work with relevant research groups.
These will involve an internship of three months in one of the candidate host institutions, working under the supervision of an advisor.
The selected students will receive an allowance of 900 euros per month to cover accommodation and living expenses.
The host institution may provide funds to cover up to three additional months, and any other advantage they wish to offer (e.g. travel funds)
At the end of the internship at least one paper must be submitted to one of the EvoStar conferences with the results of the work carried out; if accepted, the conference registration fee for the student will be waived.
Applicants will be selected based on merit by a committee designated by the SPECIES Executive Board.
Students and host institutions will be matched following preferences indicated by both sides (at most one student per host insitution). If necessary, meetings will be organized during EvoStar in Sevilla.
The start of the internship must be agreed between the student and the host institution, and should be in any case no later than August 1st 2020.
How to apply
Student applicants must provide:
- a short CV (max. 1 page)
- a description of their research interests and their current work (max. 1 page)
- proof of matriculation for a PhD at a university institution,
- a reference letter from their supervisor.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying STUDENT in the subject of your email
Prospective advisors/host institutions must provide:
- short CV of the advisor(s) (max. 1 page)
- description of the research group (max. 1 page)
- description of the work to be carried out by the student (max. 1 page)
- other information they deem relevant to emphasise the interest of their offer (e.g. additional funding, accommodation arrangements, interest of the city…) (max 1 page)
Applications must be sent to email@example.com specifying HOST in the subject of your email
Deadline for all applications: 15 March 2020